Are you planning to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy? Well, that\\\'s really a good decision when it comes to getting rid of your overwhelming debts. However, to novices like you can be filing for Chapter 7 may seem to be a maze of pitfalls. That is why you need to be careful, foresighted as well as strategized while filing for this claim. So, one of the most important things you need to consider is to hire an experienced bankruptcy attorney.
Here are some of the most common mistakes associated with bankruptcy. So, you should keep them on mind and make sure not to make any of the mistakes given below.
* Do not leave out your bank, credit union as well as savings account.
* Do not file for bankruptcy if your income is more than your expenses.
* Do not take cash advances against your credit card.
* Do not make use of convenience checks.
* Do not transfer balance.
* Do not pay money to your friends as well as family members.
* Do not leave out your assets.
* Do not file for bankruptcy in case you are about to get tax refund. You should discuss it with your lawyer.
* Do not buy a property shortly before you file for bankruptcy without discussing the matter with your lawyer.
* Do not forget to tell your lawyer in case you own a small business.
* Do not gift a property.
* Do not pay an amount more that $ 600 against any due bill.
* Do not transfer a property to any of your friends or family members.
* Do not cash out your retirement plans.
* Do not take mortgage for the second time.
* Do not gamble.
* Do not hide your assets.
* Do not take payday loans.
* Do not keep money is bank accounts of your child.
* Do not take money.
* Do not hide from your lawyer if you have liens on your home.
* Do not take any kind of financial decisions without discussing with your lawyer.
* Do not even try to misrepresent facts to your legal adviser.
* Do not run your credit cards before filing bankruptcy claim.
* Do not miss state court hearings.
* Do not hide even a single information from your lawyer.
These are some of the most important things you should keep on mind when it comes to filing for bankruptcy. One of the best ways to avoid all these mistakes is to hire a bankruptcy attorney. Topeka, KS has got some of the best lawyers in the region. So, if you search properly, finding a lawyer won\'t be a difficult task for you.
Joe Wittman in Topeka, KS has the skills and expertise to help you move forward, confident that you can reduce stress and follow a plan to move past your debts.