Additional Links :
Did you know that symptoms resulting from vehicular accidents don’t present themselves immediately? It can take up to a week after the accident for symptoms to present themselves? Car accidents are scary and traumatic. If you have been in one, and have suffered major injuries, it is time for you to get yourself a car injury attorney. Here is some advice from a Houston car injury attorney that will make it easier for you to file your claims.
Houston Car Injury Attorney: Some Useful Advice
At the time of a car accident, all practical sense flies out of the window. However, if you can manage to reduce panic and be a little calm, here is some advice a Houston car accident attorney has to offer to help you to hasten the legal process of filing claims and receiving compensation.
* Collect All Paperwork: The first thing to consider is your well being. Once you have had a doctor look over you and ensure that your condition is stable, either you or a relative should get all the paperwork in order. Insurance papers, medical papers, police reports, and other relevant documents should be put together.
* Journal: Keeping a court journal is a good idea, according to Houston car injury attorneys. Court cases tend to stretch out over long periods of time, and so maintaining a journal will help you keep track of what is going on can help you keep a record of all the dates, all the submitted paperwork and how far the case has progressed.
* Dealing with the Insurance Company: Insurance companies are notorious for trying to get out of having to pay for damages. Regardless of whether you are filing a suit against a driver or an owner, you will be dealing with an insurance company as well. For this reason, the services of an experienced lawyer can be very helpful.
* Legal Liability: One increases one’s legal liability by apologizing for an accident, according to Houston car injury attorneys. Regardless of whether you were partly at fault or whether you were just trying to be the bigger person, never apologize. Always wait for the assignment of fault before making any claims or denying anything.
* Call the Police: No matter who is at fault in an accident, the first person to call the police is always in a better situation. After you have ascertained the damage to the vehicles and your own injuries, if you are in a position call the police, do so. They will handle everything after the accident. Call 911 as well if you feel that either you or the other person has suffered injuries.
Houston car injury attorney - visit Ferrell Law Firm. They specialize in a wide variety of personal injury cases, including car accidents, medical negligence, maritime accidents and even business claims. Steve Ferrell is an attorney with over 25 years of experience.